Barnes Hussein posted an update 2 weeks ago
Flirting can be difficult for everyone. Even the most confident people may freeze up and exclaim "hey!" when their crush approaches them in public. But don’t be discouraged. If you struggle with flirting, we’ve got plenty of tips to help you master the art of the flirt and get your crush’s attention.
This content is imported from embed-name. You might be able find the exact same content in a different format or more information on their website.
1. Be confident. You can’t be more attractive than confidence. If you are strutting down the hallways like you own them, your crush (and everyone else!) will notice. Your crush will want you to get to know the girl who believes she’s special.
2. Show that you care about their lives. Everyone loves to be complimented and most people love to talk about their lives. Do not miss the chance to have a conversation with your crush. Ask them lots of questions about their life and show that you truly are interested. They will appreciate your curiosity and be open to a second conversation.
3. Draw attention to your lips. It sounds ridiculous but it actually works. Keep chapstick and lip gloss handy. You can apply a layer if your crush is approaching. They will be imagining their lips all day.
4. If you pass someone in the halls, smile and say hi. It can be terrifying to see your crush walking down the hall. Your gut reaction is likely to be to look at your phone and pretend that you are having a long text conversation. But, don’t do that! Look up and smile at them. You don’t have to engage in a lengthy conversation (unless you choose to). Just take a half-second to wave, say hi, then keep moving. Boom, you’ll be on your crushes radar.
This content is imported via Giphy. You may be capable of finding the same content elsewhere, or perhaps you can find more information on their website.
5. It’s okay to ignore your crush, but only for a short time. This seems counterintuitive doesn’t you think? Imagine meeting your crush and a bunch of their friends at McDonald’s. Start by saying hello to their friends, and then start a convo. You will find your crush feeling a little bit lonely until you include them (and make their day).
6. Learn how to master the bump-and flatter. "Accidentally" you will run into a hottie during a party. You can even laugh and say, "Oh my God. I’m a total klutz with cute people. They’ll be so impressed by you and want to
know more . You can then introduce yourself and start a conversation.
7. They will be able to see you staring at them. It seems very scary. If someone spots you staring, you should quickly look away so they don’t realize that you were literally drooling and watching them eat a hamburger. But, next time, try this instead. Gather up all the confidence you can. Smile at your crush and smile back, perhaps even wink, when they catch you staring at you. This will let your crush know that you are confident enough to invite you to dinner.
8. Check out their clothes. Ask them about the sport shirt or band shirt they are wearing. You will be more sincere and interested in the lives of your coworkers, and you will have a pleasant conversation that will allow you to learn more about them.
9. Sometimes it’s important to be obvious. Maybe you’re playing frisbee in the park and you "accidentally" throw it toward the cuties near you. Exaggerated apologies can be used to let them know you aren’t just flirting (and in on a joke), and could even lead to a discussion.
Face, Hair and Eyebrow, Photograph, forehead, Chin. Hairstyles, Head, Portrait, Jaw.
10. Introduce your friend. If you’re afraid to initiate a convo on your own, you can bring your friend along to introduce her to your crush. This may seem weird, but sometimes it’s easier to approach a person for someone else.
11. You should flirt before you meet them. Text: "You should wear this blue shirt tonight. It’s going to make your eyes pop! Plus, seeing if they took your advice is a low-key way to gauge if they’re interested in you.
This content is imported from Giphy. You might find the same content elsewhere, or find additional information at their website.
12. To start the conversation, you can use something light and cheesy. If you’re looking for pick-up lines the only ones that will come to you are likely super lame and recycled ones. "Did you feel it…when you fell from Heaven?" Or: How much does an elephant weigh? Just enough to break the ice!" You don’t have to be perfect if you try to play it easy but fail. Accept your awkwardness and just be yourself. Jughead Jones will appreciate it.